Three letters in the Gazette last week from Messrs Chris Wells, UKIP Leader of TDC (2 years - and c.15 years as Tory councillor),and Iris Johnson (23 years a Labour councilor and leader), and Roger Gale MP (1,000 years as MP) are the epitome of everything that is wrong with Thanet and TDC - and has been for decades.
Especially on the Manston airport and Riveroak debate.
When will they speak up on the East Kent aquifer under the runway and removal of Manston airport monitors and faking of pollution data by Infratil and Gloag/Stagecoach since 2004?
Perhaps they're hoping to be safely tucked up in their coffin before the scandal fully merges?
While Cllr Messenger, as a new duffer, states that the councillors tried unsuccessfully to persuade TDC(!) not to end the US Navy gunboat P22 mooring in TDC-owned Ramsgate harbour, suggests the clerks are running the council not elected councillors.
Tim Garbutt, Ramsgate
Time for Change
* very concerning the planned closure of CCU Broadstairs - which our councillors has raised this?
* another Summer with Pleasurama hoarding. Time for the public to remove it with a mass sit-in?
* Time for a vote of no confidence in Wells and TDC. A failed organisation and desperate clinging to power. Nothing done. Nothing will be done.
* concerning an oil tanker crash in the Channel: East Kent's BLue Flag beaches and Torrey Canyon?
* Silence on Kent tower blocks fire safety and asbestos and Thor mercury - Flint Michigan has already started jailing its clerks for failure and coverup